Oh, Guacamole. You magical, green, mildly spicy, creamy delicious dip/spread/condiment. Oh the possibilities!
But why does guac have to be extra? The world would be a better place if you could just get your Chipotle and guac is just an option, not an extra…any one else out there with me?
You’re just a few ingredients and perhaps a quick trip to the grocery store to having this extra fancy guacamole without extra fancy costs or stress. The guacamole is simple to prepare with some slicing and dicing and mashing. And then the lobster…don’t be scared! This is going to be easier than pie.
It’s the Honest, Lobster Truth.
Did you know that this delectable crustacean was original served to prisoners during the colonial era due to the plentiful population and the work involved in retrieving the meat out it’s spiny shell?
Times have certainly changed….I suppose growing up in New England inherently breeds you to be infatuated with seafood facts. But the good news is you don’t have to be an expert on edible ocean dwellers to make this baller guacamole.
Everything is fancier if you put lobster on it right? The best part for anyone that has a hard time putting a live crustacean in a boiling pot of water is simple…not to do it.
Easy Lobster Prep
There is no live lobster boiling, shell cracking, lobster juice mess making involved. How do we do it? We buy chunk, previously frozen lobster meat. Wait! Before you move on to the next Google search, just hear me out.
After thawing the lobster meat, you’ll poach it in a bath of butter (sounds nice doesnt it?) not to cook it, but to coat it in flavor. Of course, if you want to go the traditional route of deshelling and using fresh lobster meat, that is totally acceptable. For an epic guacamole masterpiece in under 20 minutes, just try it. Your tastebuds will rejoice.
To make this chip and dip party next level, try serving up one or two of these refreshingly delicious margarita round up. From Spicy Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas to Watermelon Basil with a Chili Sugar Rim, there’s something for every margarita lover in this collection!
Ready to impress you friends or family for the next Taco Tuesday? Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ jalapeño seeds removed, minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup diced roma tomato
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces frozen lobster meat about 1 1/2lb lobster if using fresh lobster meat
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- Halve avocados and remove skin and seeds. Add avocados, lime juice, jalapeño and garlic to a large bowl.
- Using a large whisk, mash the avocados and mix ingredients together. Mashing with the whisk will create a smooth guacamole but still leave some larger avocado pieces for texture.
- Stir in salt and tomatoes, hold in refrigerator until lobster is ready.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the thawed lobster meat, simmer on low for 5 to 7 minutes while continually spooning butter over the meat. Remove the lobster with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and top with the slightly chilled lobster meat.