Gingerbread white russians are the perfect festive cocktail for the holiday season! Shaken with gingerbread syrup, vodka, coffee liquer, and milk, mix these up for holiday brunch, present wrapping, or just because.
Break out the mixing tin, canning jar, spoon....whatever is going to get the job done really. Gingerbread white russians are delicious and since this year has gone the way it has, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
Here's what's great about this classic with a festive twist:
- simple ingredients
- easy to make
Let's toast, my friends!
HOW TO MAKE A GINGERBREAD WHITE RUSSIAN
Make the syrup. Pour. Shake. Enjoy!
Easy peasy, right?
WHAT GOES IN A WHITE RUSSIAN?
A classic white russian is vodka, kahlua, with milk or cream. In my house, they're made the Big Lebowski way - with milk.
Just like this French Toast version, the gingerbread white russian is creamy and just the right amount of sweet with a boozy kick and all those good gingerbread spices thanks to the gingerbread syrup.
That gingerbread syrup is kind of like the mothersauce for a lot of the gingerbread recipes here. It makes the perfect latte, old fashioned, eggnog, and a good ol' dessert martini.
Combine the syrup with the vodka, kahlua, and milk in a shaker with ice and shake it until it's frothy! Pour it in a glass and sip away.
If you're in the mood for a garnish, try a little frosting on the rim and dip it in crushed gingerbread cookies or ginger snap! It's like a snack and a drink all in one. It comes highly recommended by personal experience.
A very happy holidays from mine to yours! If you made this recipe, I'd love for you to leave a rating and hear about how you enjoyed it in the comments!
Gingerbread White Russian
Gingerbread White Russian
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces kahlua (or coffee liquer)
- 2 ounces gingerbread syrup
- 2 ounces whole milk (or cream)
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the gingerbread syrup. In a medium-size saucepan, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla over medium heat, stirring until combined. Bring to a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally. Let cool. Stir before using.
- Build the cocktail. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, kahlua, gingerbread syrup, and whole milk over ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Serve. Pour the cocktail over fresh ice in a rocks glass. Optional: garnish with gingerbread cookies or crushed gingersnap rim, cinnamon sticks, or freshly grated nutmeg.
Leave a Reply