It’s Monday. It’s time to dust off the weekend cobwebs, recover from the start of holiday parties and get this week over so we can do it all over again next weekend. Here, to save the day – and kick off the 2nd annual Gingerbread Week (!!!!) – is this speak-to-your-soul, sweet and gingery, Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte.
It’s the holiday season and we really don’t need another reason to go to Target do we? Let’s cut out one less line to stand in and dollars to dish out because that tasty, seasonal Starbucks Latte we love to sip as we peruse the aisles can totally be made in the comfort of your own home without changing out of your jammies.
(Truth though…if you always wear yoga pants no one at Target knows you’re still in your jammies.)
This post contains affiliate links to products I love. The price you pay is the same, but I make a commission from the sale. Thank you for your support!
How to make a Gingerbread Syrup
Making the base flavor of this latte is really just making a gingerbread cookie in simple syrup form – sugar, water, flavor.
Ground ginger and molasses give gingerbread it’s signature taste so we will surely be putting those in our sauce pan to become one big happy family.
Bring everything to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. That’s it!
It’s so easy you could do it without caffeination. I said, could, not that you have to.
The Easiest at-home latte
If you didn’t have it on your Christmas list or score one during Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I’ve got the perfect kitchen gadget for all your coffee loving needs.
We got our Nespresso machine as a gift from friends and while the short stack of coffee in my cup was an adjustment at first, I am 100% on the Italian-style coffee train. Climb aboard and ride to caffeination nation friends!
If you’re not ready to dish out that kind of dough, a french press will brew perfect home espresso. Frothed milk can be made on the stove top by simmering in a saucepan over low heat while whisking. A little more elbow grease than pressing buttons, but the same result.
Fresh brewed espresso, sweet and spicy gingerbread syrup, luscious frothed milk and a little fresh grated nutmeg and you’ve got yourself your own cup of coffeehouse bliss. You’re just a few fluffy baked gingerbread doughnuts away from a seriously festive start to the day!Print
This Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte is just like the creamy, sweet, and ginger-laced coffee shop latte without the heavy price tag or long lines.
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
- 3 tablespoons Gingerbread Syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- fresh grated nutmeg
- whipped cream optional
- In a medium size saucepan, combine the ingredients. Heat over medium heat, stirring until combined.
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a heat proof storage container. Shake well before each use to redistribute the spices.
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
- In a large coffee cup, add two shots of espresso. Stir in 3 tablespoons of Gingerbread Syrup and top with frothed milk.
- Scoop the foam of the frothed milk onto the top of the latte. Freshly grate nutmeg over the foam.
- Optional: add whipped cream to the top of the milk foam before freshly grating the nutmeg.
- If you don’t have an espresso maker, espresso can be brewed in a french press.
- To froth the milk without a milk frother, simmer on the stove top over low heat in a sauté pan whisking constantly until a foam forms.
- Category: non-alcoholic
- Cuisine: coffee
Keywords: copycat recipes, starbucks lattes, gingerbread lattes, copycat starbucks recipes