Hi friends. I have someone very important I’d like you to meet. It’s Two Ingredient Gingerbread Bark and it is my most very favorite thing this holiday season.
This gingerbread bark is creamy, sweet and crunchy with the spicy kick from the ginger snaps. The very best thing is that it takes no time at all to make and then you have all this gingerbread bark to wrap up in cute bags to give to others….
or put in a bowl and snack on…
or hide in a tupperware container where your toddler can’t see it and eat it in secret when she’s being difficult. I’m just saying that’s an option, ok.
This post contains affiliate links for brands I love and use in my own kitchen. The price you pay at check out does not change, but I make a commission from the sale. Thank you for your support!
Tools for Making Gingerbread Bark
Things are simple enough here, right? Melt chocolate. Spread chocolate. Top with crushed cookies. Top with more white chocolate in a drizzle pattern. Add festive sprinkles if yo feelin’ fancy.
While this Two Ingredient Gingerbread Bark is the easiest holiday time sweet treat to whip up, there are some tools to help make it fool proof along the way.
- Silpat mats – silcone baking mats that are non stick, do not require greasing, and wash up easy. These mats are so versatile and easy to use. The chocolate will lift right off once cooled.
- Parchment paper – if you prefer not to add another item to your baking collection, parchment paper is a nice option. Just cut it to fit the baking sheet so the chocolate will set flat.
- Double boiler – you can either use this or a heatproof bowl on top of a saucepan to melt the chocolate. Either will work. You technically can also use the microwave but personally that way very rarely yields good results and white chocolate is so temperamental. So, my advice is just to use the double boiler method.
Other tips to help you on this journey to beautiful white chocolate and ginger spiced bliss. Choose quality white chocolate. I like the Ghiradelli brand because you can buy it in chips. If going for a block white chocolate, you’ll need 16.5 ounces.
When smashing up the ginger snaps, you’ll want them in smaller pieces but not all of it in a fine dust. That’s why I like to use the meat mallet or a rolling pin. It’s great for getting out some holiday stress too.
My favorite way of enjoying this recently has been with the copycat gingerbread latte from earlier this week, but you go ahead an enjoy it however you like.
Two Ingredient Gingerbread Bark is the holiday candy you need to make. It’s creamy, sweet and crunchy with the spicy kick from the ginger snaps. simple but super tasty and great to make with kids.
- 3 cups good quality white chocolate chips (1 1/2 bags)
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies
- optional: festive sprinkles
- Place ginger snaps in a plastic bag, crush into small pieces with a mallet or rolling pin. Set aside.
- Set up a double boiler for melting the chocolate by setting a heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of simmering water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the water.
- Add 2 cups (1 bag) of white chocolate chips to the bowl, stir frequently until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Lay a silpat mat or fit a piece of parchment paper on a large sheet pan. Pour the melted chocolate onto the silpat mat and spread into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate and drizzle over the crushed gingersnaps and chocolate.
- Optional: add festive sprinkles!
- Chill the gingerbread bark in the fridge for 20 minutes. After chilling, break the bark into smaller pieces by hand.
- You can melt all the chocolate at once, just reserve enough to drizzle over the top.
- Category: Candy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday candy, food gifts, gingerbread candy, holiday food gifts