Simple, easy, and completely delectable! Pumpkin spice pita chips with vanilla cream dip are quick to make, can be made ahead, and the perfect sweet and crunchy appetizer to have on the table for a small get together or just for snack time throughout the week.
If you’re looking for something sweet and simple, here it is! Flavors of pumpkin pie spice with sweet sugar baked into a crunchy coating on butter brushed pita chips.
These chips are enjoyable in all ways.
- sweet flavor
- warming fall spices
- crunchy chip texture
- creamy sweet dip
It’s an out-of-the-park easy way to get a crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack on the table. We’ve been making these and just storing them in an airtight container on the counter for satisfying that sweet tooth craving during the week.
The sugar and spices bake onto the chips so they’ve crystallized into bites of fall-flavored goodness…and that dip. Oh, that dip! The triangle shape of these chips makes them perfectly wonderful for scooping up that creamy fluffy vanilla perfection.
And let’s take about how easy they are to make! If baking isn’t your thing, these pumpkin spice pita chips are the perfect place to start. Equipment-wise all you really need is a hand mixer. If you don’t have that, just let the cream cheese get really soft and room temp so you can whisk it like there’s no tomorrow.
Here are the basics, so you can take the fast road to snacktown (beep beep!)
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE PITA CHIPS
Brush. Cut. Sprinkle. Bake. Dip. Eat.
That works right? It’s pretty much the gist of it. But here are a few more helpful tips and tricks.
- You can swap the rounds for whole wheat and the butter for oil if that aligns with your lifestyle better.
- Feel free to switch up the shape of the chips! We’ve done triangles and strips. They’re both great!
- Use cookie cutters to cut fun festive chip shapes.
- Use parchment paper or a silpat mat on top of your cookies sheet to prevent the baked sugar from sticking.
- Swap the teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for just plain, apple pie spice, or maple to adjust the flavor for the season!
Vanilla Cream Dip
If the chips are good, the dip is divine! They’re perfectly paired. The crunch of the chip and the creamy of the dip – there’s about to be a party of tasty fall flavors in your mouth!
Best of all the dip is just as simple to make.
Just beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer or in a standing mixer before adding in the yogurt and vanilla. It’s tangy and not overly sweet. And that’s it, you’re done! Now if only we had some delicious fall-inspired beverages to sip on while we munch. Oh wait, we do.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Spice Pita Chips with Vanilla Cream Dip
Pumpkin Spice Pita Chips
- 4 pita rounds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Vanilla Cream Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Melt the butter.
- Brush the pitas. Brush each side of the pita rounds with butter. Stack on top of each other and cut into 8 triangles pieces.
- Toss with sugar. In a small bowl combine the sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Place the buttered pita triangles in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with half the sugar, toss, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Gently toss the chips around with your hands until well coated with the cinnamon sugar. Alternatively, this can be done on top of the sheet tray but doing it in a high sided mixing bowl keeps sugar from going everywhere.
- Bake. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp to the touch and golden brown.
- Make the dip. While the pita chips bake, make the vanilla cream dip. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, whip together the cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add the yogurt and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about 1 minute until combined and creamy.
- Serve. Let the chips cool for about 1 to 2 minutes after baking then transfer to a serving platter with the dip and enjoy.