Happy National Margarita Day!! If only this happened once a week, I’d have a legitimate reason to drink margaritas. If you are still looking to satisfy your celebratory tequila fix, you certainly will not regret making this recipe. The strawberries and cucumber keep it fresh, the agave gives it just the right amount of sweet without inducing insta-headache, and there is plenty of tequila to give you a nice glow – buyer beware – they are sneaky good, sip slow.
- 3 medium to large strawberries cut in half
- 4 slices cucumber about 1/4" thick
- 1 fl oz agave
- 1 fl oz triple sec
- 3/4 fl oz fresh squeeze lime juice
- 3 fl oz silver tequila we really like Hornitos
- In the shaker add your cucumbers, strawberries and agave.
- Muddle until all items have been sufficiently 'squished' - it's a great stress reliever.
- Add the triple sec, lime juice, tequila, and ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain over your smaller strainer into a glass with ice. You may have to shake the strainer or move the pulp around so you don't loose any of that precious tequila.
- Garnish however you desire and enjoy! Salud!