Fresh maple syrup and soy sauce come together in perfect sweet and savory balance with a burst of fresh citrus for a super simple, fresh side dish. Maple soy roasted squash is a combination of sweet and savory ingredients in a blissfully simple recipe.
Are you ready? It’s almost here. Can you hear the Jaws music playing in the background?
Thanksgiving is literally around the corner just waiting to attack us. But we’re not going to need a bigger boat since we prepared in advance. Just look at our Pinterest Boards filled with delicious ideas.
Oh…what’s that? You didn’t prepare. Save your sweat for your post-holiday workouts because Maple Soy Roasted Squash literally takes 20 minutes.
Twenty minutes. Do you know what that means? When that beautifully brined turkey comes out of the oven to rest, raise the heat to 425°F and throw in the squash. Your bird will be ready for slicing and your squash will be ready for eating.
Bam. Done. Looks like you just got a new title….Master of Thanksgiving. Feels good to win doesn’t it?
Simple, roasted squash
Seriously simple, seriously flavorful. Good things can be easy.
Speaking of easy…let me introduce my good friend parchment paper. As a baking lover, it has many uses. When it comes to Maple Soy Roasted Squash it is a baking sheet saver.
The sweetness of the maple syrup with the soy sauce is going to reduce into a thick sauce under the high heat of the oven. Sugar + heat is going to get sticky. Around the edges it’s going to bubble and get real sticky.
But you’ve got parchment paper, so you’re good to go. Squash done, baking sheet clean. It’s a holiday miracle.
Simple sweet and savory roasted delicata squash with a burst of fresh, tangy pomegranate cooked under high heat and under 20 minutes.
- 2 delicata squash, cut in half-moon slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut the ends off each squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and slice in ½″ half-moon slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup and soy sauce. Add the delicata squash to the bowl and toss with the maple soy.
- Spread the squash into a single layer and any extra sauce onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for a remaining 5 – 8 minutes. The sauce should be bubbling and will thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the squash onto your serving dish and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate.
- Parchment paper is highly recommended! The maple syrup boils down, gets very sticky and may burn slightly around the edges.
- This recipe uses real maple syrup which is thinner than the pancake style syrup. If substituting, check every 5 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: roasted squash, roasted delicata squash, delicata squash recipes, how to cook delicata squash,