Pizza night is ready for a taste make over with this simple, easy 2 Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce. It's the perfect blend of pantry staples and fresh ingredients that will help take your pizza to restaurant style taste, but at home in your sweatpants.If I had a dollar for every time I wrote about being at home enjoying food in sweatpants (also read as yoga pants), I'd have quite a few dollars. Probably something like $72. But sometimes love is just love and you need to embrace that sometimes you just love being comfy and staying in.
What better reason to stay in that PIZZA NIGHT.
No really. For a few sprinkles of flour you can toss dough, make heart shapes, put as many GD pepperoni on without judgement, and craft the most delicious, made just for you pie. And while all great pizza starts with dough, the next step is having the perfect sauce.
Great news. The perfect sauce, takes 2 minutes to make and whips up in the food processor.
Why you should make homemade pizza sauce
What's the point of making something when its right there on the shelf at the store? Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE fan of convenience, but this easy homemade pizza sauce is worth it for a few reasons:
- It literally takes 2 minutes or less
- Blends up real quick in the food processor
- Tastes like restaurant style pizza sauce
- A blend of pantry staples and easy to find fresh herbs
The fresh herbs and garlic add a huge pop of fresh flavor. The olive oil adds necessary fat. White wine for a touch of sweetness. Whole peeled tomatoes for easy-open-the-can, pour it in, real tomato texture and taste with simple pantry staple spices.
That's all it takes, that and a quick whirl around the food processor.
How to make 2 Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce
The best practice for an easy blended sauce is to pulse the food processor about 5 times to break up the ingredients and make sure all the fresh herbs break down so you don't end up with huge chunks. For example, the rosemary. I don't mind a large leaf of rosemary but if you want it very fine, you might want to give it a quick chop or use the kitchen scissors to cut the leaves a little smaller before adding to the food processor.
Finish up your perfect pizza sauce with a blend on high and you are d.o.n.e. Let's stretch some dough, pile some toppings and get to pizza making.
Need some pie inspo? Here are some of my favorite pizzas and pizza toppings:
- classic 'roni
- prosciutto, blue cheese and balsamic
- arugula on top after cooking
- grilled corn and feta
- buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil
- and straight up cheese because sometimes it's nice to be plain.
What are you topping your 2 Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce with? Tell me below! Looking for more pizza and flatbread ideas? Check them out here.
2 Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to food processor and lock lid. Pulse 5 to 7x to break up ingredients.
- Blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds, or until tomatoes, garlic and herbs are well chopped.
- Store in an air tight container, refrigerated for up to 1 week.