Simple Tomato Sauce
Easy and quick tomato sauce takes minutes, but tastes like it simmered all day!
Servings 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup white wine
- 5 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pure ground black pepper
In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Sauté onions until translucent, adding garlic half way through the cooking process (about 3 minutes). Season with kosher salt.
Stir in white wine (be cautious of steam).
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, pepper and italian seasoning. Stir to incorporate tomato paste and spices.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes, or at the very least until the alcohol in the white wine is cooked off.
- Allow to cool before storing.
- Follow proper instructions if canning sauce.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 380mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg