Arugula Caprese Salad
Crunchy arugula brings the perfect bitter green to match the sweet tang of aged balsamic vinegar in this powerhouse salad spin on the traditional Italian Caprese Salad.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 5-ounce package baby arugula
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 8-ounce ball fresh mozzarella ½" inch pieces
- 5 large basil leaves chiffonade
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar see notes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
In a large bowl add arugula, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
Sprinkle with salt and cover with cracked pepper. About 5 to 7 turns of the peppermill.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Mix well with tongs, coating ingredients with olive oil, salt and pepper..
Finish with a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar on top for a pop of contrasting color.
- Balsamic glaze can be substituted for good quality, aged balsamic vinegar. Glaze will be much sweeter, so a smaller quantity (1 tablespoon) is recommended.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1615IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 1mg