Whipped ricotta toast topped with sweet honey roasted figs makes for a super easy and quick appetizer, brunch item, or breakfast that’s fit for a restaurant.
- 1 pound fresh figs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 6 to 8 slices sourdough bread
Optional Topping Ideas:
- additional honey
- balsamic reduction
- sea salt flakes
- hemp seeds
- slivered almonds
- Prep the figs. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the stems of the figs and cut into quarters. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake the figs. On a sheet lined baking tray or dish, gently toss the cut figs with honey and melted butter. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whip the ricotta. In the bowl of a standing mixer with the whisk attachment or with a hand mixer, whip the ricotta on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Toast the bread. Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and griddle the butter on both sides, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining bread. Alternatively, toast the sourdough in a traditional toaster and butter lightly.
- Build the toast. Spread generous amounts of whipped ricotta on each toast. Top with 2 to 3 spoonfuls of roasted figs. Add any additional toppings like more honey, balsamic, sliced nuts, or salt flakes, and serve right away!
- Ricotta can be whipped in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whipped ricotta toast, honey roasted figs, easy brunch recipes, ricotta toast,