Creamy, smokey, spicy and totally vegan! The combination of silken tofu and soaked cashews makes this protein packed, no mayo, creamy chipotle aioli perfect to slather on sandwiches and tacos or dip your fries.
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 whole chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive, grapeseed, avocado, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 1 hour. Alternatively, if crunched for time, you can add cashews to a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashews from the water. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds on high or until all ingredients are smooth and creamy. Serve right away or store for later.
- Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- The chipotle peppers add both spice and smoke. Use 2 or 3 peppers depending on your preference for both.
- To adjust the thickness of the sauce, blend in 1 tablespoon water at a time until you get your preferred conssitency.
- Category: sauces
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: vegan
Keywords: vegan chipotle aioli, vegan chipotle mayo, chipotle aioli, tofu sauces