Tender inside and crispy pan-fried outside, kale gnocchi is super fast and makes for the tastiest veggie pasta in a classic spicy arrabbiata sauce.
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the frozen gnocchi to the hot oil and shake the pan slightly so the gnocchi doesn’t stick. Alternatively, you can move the gnocchi around with tongs or a spatula.
- Cook the gnocchi on one side for 3 minutes then stir or flip to cook the other side. Cook for 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a seperate medium skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the thinly sliced garlic in the hot oil, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 20 to 30 seconds before adding the white wine and marinara sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked gnocchi to the sauce and sauté to coat.
- For moderate heat, use 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. For intense heat, use 2 teaspoons.
- Do not defrost the kale gnocchi, cook it frozen directly from the package.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: kale gnocchi, trader joe's gnocchi, trader joe's kale gnocchi, how to cook trader joe's kale gnocchi