A gluten free way to enjoy veggie packed pillowy Italian pasta! Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi are delicious, especially when cooked up with grapefruit pesto, crispy prosciutto and creamy burrata cheese!
Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Crispy Prosciutto
- 1 bag frozen Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons canola, vegetable or avocado oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup grapefruit pesto
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 4-ounce balls burrata cheese
- optional: 1 ounce aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 6 cups basil leaves (about 3 good sized bunches)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make the pesto: Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet into a single layer. Toast for 3 to 4 minutes until lightly browned and aromatic. Transfer to the food processor and let cool. In the food processor, add the garlic, grapefruit zest and parmesan cheese. Pulse for about 1 minute, until the ingredients are finally ground. Pack the basil into the food processor, add the grapefruit juice and sprinkle with salt. Close the lid and turn the food processor on. With the blade running, slowly add the olive oil into a steady drizzle until incorporated.
- Crisp the prosciutto: On the stove top or in the oven, crisp up the prosciutto. For the stove top, cook the prosciutto for 1 to 2 minutes each side until crispy. For the oven, preheat to 350°F and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Prepare the cauliflower gnocchi: To prepare on the stove, heat the oil over medium high heat. Pour the frozen gnocchi in the pan, breaking apart any that are stuck together first. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. To roast in the oven, preheat the oven to 375°F and cook on a lightly oiled sheet pan 20 minutes each side.
- Sauté the gnocchi and pesto: Over medium low heat, add grapefruit pesto and white wine to the skillet the gnocchi was fried in. Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes until the wine reduces and blends with the pesto.
- Plate the deliciousness: Divide the grapefruit pesto covered gnocchi between two bowls. Crumble two slices crispy prosciutto over each bowl and add 1 ball of burrata to each. Optional: drizzle the burrata with an aged balsamic vinegar.
- Category: pasta
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: trader joe's cauliflower gnocchi, cauliflower gnocchi, gluten free gnocchi