Tender, flavor bursting grilled eggplant is easy make with just a little bit of love.
- 3 small or 2 medium size eggplants
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Remove each end of the eggplant. Remove the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise in 1/4″ to 1/2″ slices.
- Line a large cutting board or cookie sheet with paper or kitchen towels. Arrange eggplant so they are not overlapping. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a kosher salt. Turn over and repeat.
- Add another layer of paper towels and repeat the oil and salt process. Repeat this step again if there is additional eggplant. Top the final layer of eggplant with a layer of towels.
- Place another cutting board or cookie sheet on top of the last layer and weigh it down using weights or heavy cans. Let sit for 30 minutes minimum to 2 hours.
- Heat the grill on medium heat (about 300°F). Grill eggplant slices 5 to 7 minutes each side.
- Method: grill