Sautéed garlic, pancetta and corn tossed with plenty of cheesy, fresh tomatoes, and avocado. A summer pasta salad that is simple, quick and crowd pleasing!
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 ears of corn, removed from the cob
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pound radiatore pasta, or your favorite short pasta
- Mix. In a large bowl, mix together the basil, cheddar cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Set aside. You’ll want a bowl large enough to add the pasta to after cooking.
- Boil. Cook your pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a roiling boil, add the pasta and cook to the box or package directions. Immediately after draining the pasta, add the hot pasta to the olive oil and cheese mixture. Toss to combine and melt the cheeses.
- Sauté. While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. Add the pancetta and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until it begins to brown. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and corn. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until corn is cooked and the garlic is fragrant.
- Combine. Add the corn and pancetta mix and the fresh tomatoes to the pasta salad, toss to combine. Scatter the diced avocado and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese over the top of the pasta salad. Serve right away slightly warmed or chill for 1 hour before serving for a cold pasta salad.
- Category: pasta salad
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: no mayo pasta salad, summer pasta salad, summer veggie pasta salad, garlic and cheese pasta salad