Sweet, fresh strawberry and slightly spicy, crispy jalapeño come together for a hand crafted cocktail sure to impress your tastebuds and your friends. Sharing not required.
- 1/2 c diced strawberries about 3 large strawberries
- 1/4 ea jalapeño seedless
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp turbinado sugar for rim optional
- In a shaker, add strawberries, jalapeño and a few small cubes of ice. Muddle vigorously until strawberries and jalapeños are well macerated.
- Add tequila, agave nectar, triple sec, and fresh lime juice to the shaker. Top with more ice and shake well, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Double strainer (using the standard strainer and cocktail tea strainer) into desired glass. Top with fresh ice.
- Optional: For a sugar rim, rub the edge of the glass with a lime wedge prior to straining the cocktail into the glass. Dip the glass into turbinado sugar on a flat plate.
- Category: Cocktails, Drinks, Margaritas
- Method: muddle
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: strawberry margarita, strawberry jalapeño margarita, sweet and spicy margarita