Melty, creamy brie cheese, sweet ripe summer strawberries, and a hint of fresh thyme sandwiched between crisp, buttery country white bread for the ultimate summer grilled cheese.
- 2 thick slices country style white bread, or another hearty style bread like Ciabatta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 large strawberries, tops removed and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces triple cream brie, rind removed
- 1 sprig thyme
- Optional: aged balsamic or balsamic reduction
- Prep the bread: Spread 1/2 tablespoon on one side of each piece of bread. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the first slice of bread butter side down in the skillet.
- Stack the ingredients: Layer pieces of brie cheese, strawberries, thyme leaves (removed from the sprig,) then remaining brie cheese. Top with the last piece of bread, butter side up.
- Grill to crispy perfection: Cook each side for 3 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melty. Remove to a plate and slice down the middle with a serrated knife.
- Optional drizzle: for extra flavor, tang, and a little sweetness, drizzle Strawberry Brie Grilled Cheese with an aged balsamic (something that’s naturally thicker and sweeter because of it’s aging) or a balsamic reduction (balsamic vinegar that’s reduced with sugar).
If the butter is not room temperature, melt in the pan first, then move the bread around the pan to soak it up.