Taste the holidays in a glass! Spiced Christmas sangria is warm and cozy with easy to find ingredients sure to please a crowd.
- 1 750ml bottle cabernet sauvignon
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cans sprite
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- optional fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Make the cinnamon simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and cinnamon. Bring to just a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Make the sangria: In a pitcher, pour the red wine, bourbon, lemon juice and apple cider. Stir in the cinnamon simple syrup. Add orange slices and fresh cranberries to the pitcher.
- Add crushed or cubed ice to each glass and fill 3/4 of the way with sangria. Top off the remaining space with sprite and garnish with a piece of fresh rosemary.
- Sangria will keep for 1 week if kept refrigerated in an air tight container.
- Stir well before pouring, cinnamon will settle.
- Alternatively, sprite can be added to the pitcher but it may loose fizziness over time.
- For a less sweet option, substitute plain soda water for the sprite.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: Christmas sangria, winter sangria, spiced sangria, Christmas sangria, pitcher of sangria