Muddled strawberries, simple syrup and vodka come together for a slightly sweet and smooth fruit martini. A champagne float adds just the right amount of festive bubbles!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 water
Sparkling Strawberry Martini
- 4 large fresh strawberries
- 3 ounces good quality vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces sparkling wine
- additional simple syrup and sugar to rim the glass
To make simple syrup:
- In either a small saucepan combine the sugar and water. Bring to just a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
Sparkling Strawberry Martini:
- On two small plates drizzle a small amount of simple syrup on one plate and a small layer of granulated sugar on another. Dip the rim of the glass into the agave, then press into the sugar. Shake off excess and set aside.
- In a martini shaker, add strawberries and muddle well. Press as much juice out of the fruit as possible.
- Add simple syrup, vodka and ice. Shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Double strain into the rimmed martini glass using mesh strainer. Tap the strainer against your hand to shake as much of the martini out of the strawberry pulp left in the strainer.
- Slowly pour sparkling wine over the top of the martini to fill the glass.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry martini, sparkling strawberry martini, martinis with sparkling wine, martinis with champagne