Muddled strawberries, simple syrup and vodka come together for a slightly sweet and smooth fruit martini. A champagne float contribute just the right amount of festive bubbles!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 water
Sparkling Strawberry Martini
- 3 to 4 strawberries, hulls removed, larger strawberries halved
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces Asti Spumante or sweet sparkling wine
To make simple syrup:
- In either a saucepan or microwave safe bowl, heat water until boil. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
Sparkling Strawberry Martini:
- In a martini shaker, add strawberries and muddle. Press as much juice out of the fruit as possible.
- Add simple syrup, vodka and ice. Shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Strain using mesh strainer into martini glass.
- Using the back of a spoon, slowly pour champagne over the top of the martini.