Coated in caramelized, tangy lemon sauce with a hint of salt from the capers this sheet pan chicken piccata brings all your favorite elements of this restaurant staple, but is on the table in under 45 minutes.
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 lemon (zested, then sliced)
- 1 1/2 c lemon juice
- 6 tbsp butter (melted, cooled)
- 1/2 c white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 bunch asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary (fresh or dried)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, whisk together lemon, white wine, butter and cornstarch. Add half the marinade to the chicken in a separate bowl or ziplock bag. Let marinate while preparing the vegetables.
- Drizzle asparagus with half the olive oil, sprinkle with 3/4 of the lemon zest and kosher salt. Arrange on one half of a large sheet pan.
- On the other side of the sheet pan, arrange fingerling potatoes. Coat with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and mix together. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- On a medium to small sheet pan, lay chicken breast flat. Sprinkle with kosher salt, pepper and remaining lemon zest. Top with each chicken breast with lemon slices. Coat with any remaining marinade left in the bowl/bag (without using the reserved half of marinade.) Sprinkle with capers.
- Bake both sheet pans at 425°F for 25 minutes. After baking, coat chicken with reserved half of marinade. Broil both the chicken and vegetables on high for 5 minutes.
- Category: Main Course