Just a touch of crunch on the edge with a soft and chewy center. These salted caramel cookies have a touch of caramel in the batter, caramel chips and salted caramel drizzle for ultimate sweet snacking.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salted caramel (2 tablespoons for the batter, remaining used for garnish)
- 1 cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Starting on slow and increasing speed to medium-high, beat butter until soft and pale, about 3 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, mix on medium-high speed for 1 minute. Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and flour. Start on low speed until incorporated, add 2 tablespoons of salted caramel¹ and increase speed to medium to combine. Slowly add caramel chips and mix until combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, roll each scoop into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, use about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, let cool 15 minutes, then drizzle with remaining salted caramel.
¹ You can find the recipe for salted caramel in this Salted Caramel Pretzel Cake. This will yield about 3 1/2 cups of salted caramel. If only using for this recipe with no option for storage, opt for a store bought option, or just make the cake too.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Cookies