Dangerously easy to enjoy! Rosemary Bees Knees are great for entertaining and simple to make. Gin and fresh lemon shaken with rosemary infused honey syrup.
Rosemary Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 3 springs rosemary
Rosemary Bee’s Knees Cocktail
- 2 ounces rosemary honey simple syrup
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces gin
- Prepare the rosemary honey simple syrup. In a medium sauce pan, combine the honey, water and rosemary. Bring to just a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and let the rosemary steep for 10 to 15 minutes until fragrant. Once cooled, strain into a container.
- In a martini shaker, add the gin, lemon, and 2 ounces of the rosemary honey simple syrup. Fill with ice and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds to develop the honey “foam” that will settle on top. Strain into a martini or coupe glass. Top with a rosemary sprig for garnish.
- If serving this for a party or event, prepare the rosemary honey simple syrup in advance and store in the fridge. Leave out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using.
- There is a decent amount of booze in each cocktail, we recommend serving it in a martini or coupe or some glass that implies it’s a cocktail for sipping.
- Garnishes can be fancy or simple.
- Simple garnish ideas: nothing, lemon slice, fresh rosemary sprig, lemon twist
- Bougie garnish ideas: dehydrated lemon slice, singed rosemary spring (let the rosemary dry out over night and light it on fire before blowing out and placing on top), fresh piece of honeycomb
- Category: cocktails
- Method: shake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: bee's knees cocktail, rosemary bees knees, gin cocktails, rosemary and lemon cocktails, lemon gin cocktails