Sweet and spicy roasted beets and sweet potatoes tossed with crunchy kale, creamy goat cheese, sliced almonds and easy maple soy dressing.
Honey Ginger Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes Salad
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 small beets, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head tuscan kale, larger stem part removed and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- maple soy dressing, to taste
Maple Soy Dressing
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (sriracha can be substituted)
Honey Ginger Roasted Beets and Sweets Salad
- Prepare the beets and sweet potatoes: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper OR one baking sheet creating two sections with aluminum foil (so the beets will not bleed into the sweet potatoes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey and ginger. Drizzle half of the honey mixture over the beets and the remaining half over the sweet potatoes. Mix to combine.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes until fork tender, let cool.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili sauce. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Prepare the salad:
- Category: salads
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: roasted beets, beets and sweet potatoes, sweet and spicy, salads with beets, sweet and spicy salads