Smooth, creamy, and full of pumpkin flavor – pumpkin panna cotta is the new pumpkin pie!
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large sauce pan, sprinkle the envelope of gelatin over 1/2 cup of the milk. Let sit while preparing remaining ingredients, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Heat the milk and gelatin mixture on low, occasionally stirring, until gelatin dissolves. Milk will almost appear curdled at first, but as gelatin dissolves it will smooth.
- Add pumpkin mix to the sauce pan and bring heat to medium. Stirring occasionally, cook until the liquid starts to steam.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour into prepared ramekins.
- Chill ramekins in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight for best results.
Plating tip: To easily remove panna cotta from the mold, lightly spray ramekins with cooking spray prior to pouring liquid. After panna cotta is set, run a thin, sharp knife along the edge of the ramekin and the panna cotta will gently come out the container.
- Category: Dessert