Delicious and easy to make crock pot pulled pork sliders are sure to win over your most devout BBQ friends!
- 1 3-lb picnic roast
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, for searing
- 3 tablespoons Barbecue Spice Rub or seasoning of choice
- 1 can of beer (something to the effect of Budweiser)
- 1/2 cup pan juices
- 3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 16-ounce package tri-color coleslaw
- 1 1/4 cup Newman’s Own poppy seed dressing
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into matchstick slices
- 1 package 24-pack party potato rolls (such as Martin’s)
For the Pork:
- Rub the pork with spice rub or seasonings of choice
- Heat a dutch oven, or deep sided skillet, over high heat. Add canola oil. Sear the pork on all sides until browned – about 8 to 10 minutes
- Transfer to a crock pot, add the beer and cook on low for 8 hours. If using a dutch oven only, lower the heat as low as possible, letting the pan cool off before adding the beer. Add water if more liquid is needed.
- Once pork is cooked, transfer to a cutting board. Remove any large pieces of fat and discard. Using two large forks or tongs, shred the meat – this should happen easily after the low and slow cooking process.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded pork meat, 1/2 cup of pan juices from the crock pot, and the barbecue sauce. Toss to combine.
For the Coleslaw:
- In a large bowl or sealable plastic bag, add the coleslaw and dressing and mix thoroughly so all of the coleslaw is coated.
- Let sit for a few hours, overnight is best.
- Toast the rolls in the oven or toaster oven for 5 to 7 minutes until slightly browned.
- On a bun, layer 1/3 cup pulled pork, 3 tablespoons coleslaw and 4-5 pieces of the matchstick apples pieces.
- Category: Appetizer, Entree
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crock pot pulled pork, pulled pork sliders, easy pulled pork sliders,