Easy to make and sure to impress – with a balance of sweet and salty, creamy and crispy – this appetizer is always a hit!
- 9-count package (8 ounces) fresh figs
- 1/4 pound imported prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Gently clean figs, remove stem and slice each in half lengthwise.
- Stack gorgonzola cheese pieces on each half fig.
- Wrap fig and gorgonzola with thinly sliced prosciutto all the way around.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake at 375F for 5 minutes, cheese should be soft and prosciutto has begun to crisp.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
For the balsamic reduction:
- In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar over very low heat.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the vinegar has started to thicken.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: stuffed figs, fresh figs, fig appetizer, prosciutto wrapped figs