Classic bourbon old fashioned meets slightly sweetened up cocktail with the right amount of ginger spice! Fresh ginger adds zip and pomegranate juice makes this cocktail super easy to sip on.
Pomegranate Ginger Bourbon Cocktail
- 1 ounce ginger syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 dashes bitters
- splash of lime
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root – about 1 inch
- Make the syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and freshly grated ginger. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Build the cocktail. In a shaker, combine the ginger syrup, pomegranate juice, bourbon, bitter, and lime over ice.
- Shake and strain. Shake the ingredients vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a high ball glass filled with crushed ice.
- If you can’t find a fresh ginger root, try using ginger paste (usually with the herbs in the produce section) but double the amount needed as it tends to be a little milder.
- If you don’t have a zester, you can finely chop the ginger root and strain the simple syrup after it cools.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pomegranate cocktails, pomegranate bourbon cocktail, easy bourbon cocktails, ginger bourbon cocktail