Pepper Jack Skillet Cornbread is the perfect way to kick up a standard barbecue side dish. Buttery, crispy edges and tender, moist cornbread with just the right amount of spicy flavor.
- 1 box (8.5 ounces) Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces (1/2 block) pepper jack cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F with a 10-inch cast iron skillet inside. In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix, sour cream, milk, egg and pepper jack cheese. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and melt butter. Pour batter into the hot skillet spreading evenly with a spatula (butter may pool around edges.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is done and the edges are crispy.