Flavors of maple and undertones of butterscotch make this brown sugar based fudge a win.
- 1 5-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 stick (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Lightly coat an 8×8 square pan with cooking spray, then line with plastic wrap smoothing out as much as possible.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously over medium-high heat.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce head to medium-low and clip candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Cook until temperature reaches 235°F, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture reaches 235°F, remove from heat and transfer to a heat proof bowl or standing mixer. Using paddle attachment or hand mixer, add confectioners sugar stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Once incorporated, beat on medium speed for four minutes. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla. On low speed add walnuts and mix until evenly incorporated, less than 1 minute.
- Transfer to the prepared 8×8 pan, scraping the side of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula. Store pan in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes until the middle of the fudge is set. Once set, use plastic wrap to easily remove from the pan. Remove plastic wrap and transfer to a cutting board. Cut square into 6×6 rows.
- Category: Candy