Feel good about breakfast without spending a ton of time! Wholesome ingredients combine easily in the blender and powdered peanut butter, oats, and unrefined sweeteners will keep your peanut butter banana muffins nice and light.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (heaping) powdered peanut butter*
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1 container (5.3-ounce) plain low fat Greek or Icelandic yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside. If using dates to sweeten the muffins, soak them in hot water.
- In the blender, add the banana, yogurt, eggs, and maple syrup OR dates.* On top of that, add the rolled oats, powdered peanut butter and baking soda.
- Blend on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute until the ingredients are well combined. Pour into the prepared muffin tin.
- Optional: top each muffin with chocolate chunks or chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center of a muffin with minimal crumbs.
- Optional: after baking, sprinkle flaked sea salt over each muffin.
- The powdered peanut butter tends to clump together. Shake the can first before scooping out the powdered peanut butter.
- If using dates, they blend easier if you soak them in hot water first. Be sure to drain them before adding to the blender. Use either the dates or the maple syrup, not both.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: powdered peanut butter recipes, blender muffins, easy muffin recipes, peanut butter and banana muffins