Beat the heat this summer with a refreshing beverage that’s part sorbet part cocktail. Summery Peach Basil Gin Floats have fresh muddled basil, sweet frozen peach sorbet, herbaceous gin and a fizzy topper.
- 8 ounces gin
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 pint peach sorbet
- 2 cans club soda or tonic water
- optional: extra basil and peach slices for garnish
- Muddle: In each glass, muddle 3-4 basil leaves.
- Scoop: Add three scoops, about 2/3 cup, peach sorbet per glass.
- Add Booze: Pour 2 ounces of gin over sorbet in each glass.
- Top Off: Top with soda or tonic water.
You may need to let the sorbet sit on the counter for 5 minutes to soften enough to scoop. This part can be done in advance and then frozen in glasses or a storage container until you’re ready to serve your Peach Basil Gin Floats.