Creamy in texture and full of flavor – this versatile dish is simple to make and brings so much possibility to the table!
- 1 1/2 cups Aborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- In a sauce pan, heat 5 cups of chicken stock on low heat until warm.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until they start to become translucent. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice to the pan and stir to incorporate shallots and garlic. Rice will absorb remaining olive oil. Add white wine to deglaze the pan and reduce heat to medium-low.
- When white wine is almost completely absorbed by the rice add 1 cup of chicken stock, salt, and white pepper. Stir continuously until all liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Repeat four more times.
- After the last addition of chicken stock, add butter and grated cheese. Risotto should be tender and cooked through and creamy in texture.
It is best to use warm chicken stock.
After the addition of the fourth cup of chicken stock, taste the rice for texture. It should taste almost cooked. If it is still crunchy, reduce the heat on the stove top to slow the cooking process.
- Category: Main, Side DIsh