Even the most skeptical vegetable eater will fall for these succulent little sprouts!
- 2 ounces pancetta, 1/4″ dice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add pancetta and sauté. Once pancetta begins to crisp up add shallots and chopped garlic, sauté until shallots are translucent.
- Season lightly with kosher salt – pancetta will add salty flavor.
- Add brussels sprouts and stir so pancetta, garlic and shallots are evenly coating the sprouts. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to slightly char the sprouts on the hot pan, adding 1/2 cup of white wine before garlic and shallots turn brown. Sauté or stir brussels sprouts, scraping the bottom the pan to release the flavors cooked on from the pancetta.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook on high heat until most of the wine has been absorbed or evaporated. Add the final 1/4 cup of white wine and transfer pan to the oven. Roasted at 375F for 30 minutes or until sprouts have a dark roasted color and some of the leaves are crispy.
- Category: Side Dish