Juicy, flavorful meatballs lightened up with ground turkey meat and grated zucchini. Zucchini turkey meatballs are super fast to prep and cook in 10 minutes on the stove top for an easy, healthy weeknight meal!
- 1 package 93% lean ground turkey meat 1 to 1.3 lbs
- 2 teaspoons basil paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini 2 small or 1 large zucchini
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the ground turkey, basil paste, chopped garlic, grated zucchini, parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Roll the meatball mix into 2 tablespoon-sized balls. Place on parchment paper or cutting board.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom 13-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Have a matching lid set aside for later. When the oil is hot, gently place the meatballs in the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the pan side is golden brown.
- Turn over and reduce heat to low. Add water and immediately cover the pan with the lid to steam the meatballs. Cook for 5 minutes until meatballs are cooked through (no pink.)
- Remove from the pan and enjoy with pasta, on a sandwich or substitute in any recipe calling for beef meatballs.
- Depending on brand, ground turkey meat comes already weighed. This recipe uses a 1.3 pound package, but anything from 1 pound to 1.5 pounds will work but the total yield will vary.
- If you do not have access to basil paste, finely chop 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves.
- For quick meatball making, use a medium sized cookie scoop. My favorite is a #30 scoop and holds 2 tablespoons.
- Category: main dishes
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: zucchini turkey meatballs, turkey meatballs, pan seared meatballs, pan seared turkey meatballs