Super cozy, comfort food pasta without the dishes and mess! One pan chicken broccoli alfredo is perfect when you just want to throw dinner together but have it taste like restaurant-quality.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook 4 to 5 minutes until done. Remove the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to low.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pasta, cream, milk, and chicken stock. Top with broccoli florets. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 to 7 minutes until the pasta is al dente. The sauce will thicken as the chicken stock and milk reduce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pasta, add the chicken and any drippings on the plate to the pan and stir everything together. Serve immediately for the tastiest results!
- The pasta cooks in the sauce and absorbs some of the liquid – making it even more delicious – so it may seem like a lot of liquid in the pan.
- Use a large skillet or braiser, if you don’t have a skillet large enough this can also be made in a soup pot.
- If substituting half and half or using more milk and less cream, reduce the amount of liquid by 1 cup.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken broccoli alfredo, chicken broccoli alfredo pasta, one pan pasta, one pan chicken broccoli alfredo, one pan pasta