Super tender and moist, these healthy apple cakes are laced with flavors of cinnamon and fresh apple pieces easily whipped up in the blender with no butter, oil or refined sugars!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 gala, macintosh or fuji apple peeled, cored, and cut into tiny pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the cakelet pan or a 6 piece muffin tin with baking spray. In a small bowl, soak the dates in piping hot water for about 5 minutes. This will make them easier to blend. While the dates soak, chop the apple into small diced pieces, set aside.
- Drain the dates from the water. Add the oats, flour, dates, banana, egg, yogurt, baking soda, vanilla and spices to a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds until all the ingredients are finely mixed.
- Transfer the batter to a medium sized bowl and add the diced apple pieces. Stir to combine and scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one cakelets comes out clean.
- If you don’t have the cakelet pan, this recipe will yield about 6 regular size muffins but may require a few more minutes of cooking.
- To make these vegan, substitute an extra banana for the yogurt and a flaxseed egg.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy apple cakes, mini apple cakes, nordicware cakelets, healthy fall baking