Margerittes are a family tradition around the holidays! These maple frosted Ritz crackers topped with chopped walnuts are super quick and easy to make and travel well with the perfect salty and sweet flavors!
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mapleline or maple extract
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream, optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Make the frosting. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 90 seconds. Add the confectioner’s sugar and mapleline, slowly increasing the speed to medium and beating until incorporated. For a fluffier frosting, add heavy cream and mix on medium speed until incorporated.
- Frost the crackers. Spread about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of maple frosting on the backside of each crackers.
- Add the walnuts. Either dip the frosted side of the cracker or sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the frosting. Enjoy!
- maple extract can be substituted it mapleline is unavailable
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Frost
- Cuisine: French Canadian
Keywords: margerittes, marguerittes, frosted Ritz crackers, maple Ritz crackers