The perfect chewy cookie lover texture with spicy cinnamon and sweet maple frosting. Maple frosted snickerdoodles have a habit of quickly vanishing in our house!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons mapleline or maple extract
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream, optional
- Mix the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients. In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the brown and granulated sugar and beat on medium speed until combined and fluffy. Reduced the speed to medium-low and combine the egg and vanilla with the batter.
- Make the batter. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and beat to combine, scraping down the bowl if needed.
- Roll the cookies. In a small bowl combine the sugar and spices. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll gently into a ball, and roll through the sugar and spice mixture. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1 to 3 hours up to overnight.
- Make the frosting. While the dough chills, make the frosting. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 90 seconds. Add the confectioner’s sugar and slowly increase the speed to medium, beating until incorporated. For a fluffier frosting, add heavy cream and mix on medium speed until incorporated.
- Bake. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost. Once the cookies are completely cool, spread a layer of maple frosting over each cookie. Optional: Sprinkle each cookie with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snickerdoodles, maple snickerdoodles, maple buttercream, maple frosted cookies