Fancy and flavorful, this guacamole is sure to impress your friends and your tastebuds without excess effort.
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced roma tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces frozen lobster meat (about 1 1/2lb lobster if using fresh lobster meat)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Halve avocados and remove skin and seeds. Add avocados, lime juice, jalapeño and garlic to a large bowl.
- Using a large whisk, mash the avocados and mix ingredients together. Mashing with the whisk will create a smooth guacamole but still leave some larger avocado pieces for texture.
- Stir in salt and tomatoes, hold in refrigerator until lobster is ready.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Add the thawed lobster meat, simmer on low for 5 to 7 minutes while continually spooning butter over the meat. Remove the lobster with a slotted spoon.
- Transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl and top with the slightly chilled lobster meat.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican