An easy, delicious, bubbly cocktail thats is perfect for brunch or just to sip on at happy hour. Sweet lavender, tart grapefruit and bubbly prosecco is the perfect fun, light cocktail!
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 to 8 sprigs fresh lavender OR 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
Lavender Grapefruit Mimosa
- 1 ounce lavender syrup
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces prosecco
- Prepare the lavender syrup. Combine the sugar, water and lavender in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes, turn off heat and let steep for 5 minutes. Optional: strain out lavender before storing. Allow the syrup to cool before using.
- Make the cocktail. In a champagne glass, add the lavender syrup and grapefruit juice. Stir to combine. Top with prosecco – about 4 ounces – and gently stir together.
- Optional garnish. Gently add a sprig of lavender or lemon twist to the top of the drink.
- Lavender grapefruit mimosas can be served in wine glasses too, just measure out the prosecco.
Keywords: brunch drinks, how to cook lavender, culinary lavender, prosecco cocktails, drinks with grapefruit juice.