A great recipe for new and veteran Instant Pot users. Instant Pot Pad Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an easy, healthy and filling meal to add to your weeknight rotation.
Instant Pot Pad Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 3 chicken breast (2 ½ to 3 pounds), cut in large 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1 head Boston or Bibb Lettuce
- 1 small red pepper, julienne
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon edamame, shelled
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- Pad Thai Sauce
- Low Calorie Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing
Pad Thai Sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Low Calorie Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing
- 4 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 each scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, paste or fresh grated
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- For the chicken: Cut chicken into large pieces, about 2 to 3 inches. Place in the instant pot and cover with Pad Thai Sauce. Close the lid to the instant pot and set vent to sealing.
- Press the ‘Poultry’ Button. The Instant Pot should default to 20 minutes of cooking time. Note: It won’t start counting down until it’s reached the proper level of heat and pressure. Let the pot naturally release pressure before venting to release the remaining pressure. Once the red bobber is down, you can open the lid.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and shredded into small pieces. Pour ¾ cup juice from the pot over the pulled chicken. Optional: for crispy chicken (think carnitas style), place chicken in a baking dish and pour all the remain juice over. Broil for 10 minutes.
- Pad Thai Sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the Pad Thai Sauce in a bowl and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour over chicken in the instant pot.
- Remove the lettuce leaves from the core and prepare topping vegetables.
- Prepare the Low Calorie Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing: Combine all ingredients, excluding whole peanuts, in the food processor. Blend until smooth. Add peanuts and pulse 5 to 6 times until roughly chopped.