Tender pulled chicken, wild rice, tuscan kale and chopped tomatoes in rich chicken stock cooks up in no time in the Instant Pot.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups tuscan kale, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the ‘Sauté’ setting. When the olive oil is hot, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped kale to the pot and let it cook down for 1 minute while stirring. Pour in white wine and reduce for about 2 minutes. Incorporate the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Close the lid to the pot and set to ‘seal’. Cook for 20 minutes on high pressure or using the ‘stew’ setting, depending on your Instant Pot model. After cooking, let the Instant Pot naturally depressurize for 10 minutes before venting. Once the red toggle button is down, you can open the lid.
- Remove the large pieces of chicken to a cutting board or plate. Using two fork separate the chicken into pulled chicken pieces. Once all the chicken is pulled, stir it back into the Instant Pot and serve.
Keywords: instant pot soup, hearty winter soups, cooking frozen chicken in the instant pot