Super tender and full of smokey, perfectly spiced flavor, this copycat recipe for Chipotle Restaurant-style chicken is made even easier by cooking it in the pressure cooker!
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce or 1 whole chipotle + 1 tablespoon sauce for more heat
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- Prep the chicken. Trim any large pieces of fat from the chicken thighs.
- Make the braising liquid. In the pressure cooker pot, combine all the ingredients and give a quick stir. Coat the chicken with the braising liquid on both sides when placing the chicken inside the pot.
- Cook. Close the Instant Pot with the lid and seal. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. You can either manually release or natural release.
- Chop. Transfer the cooked chicken thighs to a cutting board. As you slice the chicken with a knife, the meat will shred into pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- If substituting chicken breast, add an additional 5 minutes of cooking time for thicker cuts of breast meat (thicker than 2 inches).
- Category: Instant Pot
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Copycat Chipotle Chicken, Pressure Cooker Chipotle Chicken, Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken,