You’ll never make traditional ham again! Instant Pot Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham has a sweet, crunchy glaze and lots of sweet and warming flavors baked right in that takes just minutes to cook.
For the ham:
- 7–8 pound spiral cut ham
- 1/2 cup bourbon divided
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon apple cider divided
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove divided
- Prep. Place the ham in a baking dish or on a tray with a lipped edge. In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup bourbon, 1/4 cup apple cider, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon clove. Once combined, rub it over the ham and in between the layers.
- Cook. Pour 3/4 cup cider and 1/4 cup bourbon into the pan of the 8-quart instant pot. Place the ham to the Instant Pot and pour any juices that may have collected on the dish or tray into the pressure cooker. Close the lid, seal, and set on manual cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Natural or quick release can be used to vent the pressure after cooking.
- Add the glaze. Transfer the ham to a baking dish or tray with a lip. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon apple cider, and 1/4 teaspoon clove. The mixture should be a slurry-type thickness. Rub the brown sugar slurry all over the ham. Using a kitchen blow torch, caramelize the glaze on the outside of the ham.
- Traditional broiler method: Preheat the broiler on high while the ham is cooking. Line a baking sheet or dish with a lipped edge with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray or rub lightly with oil. After the Instant Pot releases pressure and is safe to open, transfer the ham to the foil. Rub with the glaze and broil on high for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugars in the glaze start to caramelize.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon ham, how to cook ham in a pressure cooker, easy Christmas or Easter Dinner.