You’ll never make traditional ham again! Instant Pot Brown Sugar Bourbon Ham has a sweet, crunchy glaze and lots of sweet and warming flavors baked right in that takes just minutes to cook.
- 7–8 pound spiral cut ham, pre cooked
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon apple cider, divided
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove, divided
- Place the ham in a dish or on a tray with a lipped edge. In a bowl, mix together 1/4 cup bourbon, 1/4 cup apple cider, 1 cup packed brown sugar, the dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon clove. Once combined, rub it over the ham and in between the layers.
- In the liner/pan of an 8-quart Instant Pot, pour 3/4 cup cider and 1/4 cup bourbon. Transfer the ham to the Instant Pot and any juices that may have collected on the dish or tray. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot on manual ‘Pressure Cooker’ for 15 minutes on high pressure . Make sure the release valve is sealed.
- After cooking manually release and transfer the ham to a dish or tray with a lip. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon apple cider, and 1/4 teaspoon close. The mixture should be a slurry-type thickness. Rub the brown sugar slurry all over the ham. Using a kitchen blow torch, caramelize the glaze on the outside of the ham.
- Traditional broiler method: Preheat the broiler on high while the ham is cooking. Line a baking sheet or dish with a lipped edge with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray or rub lightly with oil. After the Instant Pot releases pressure and is safe to open, transfer the ham to the foil. Rub with the glaze and broil o n high for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon ham, how to cook ham in a pressure cooker, easy Christmas or Easter Dinner.