Skip the pie, add the whiskey. Honey pumpkin whiskey smash cocktails are what we will be sipping on all fall. Simple to make and easier to drink with just the right amount of sweetness, pumpkin and boozy flavors!
Honey Pumpkin Whiskey Smash
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 2 ounces pumpkin syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- splash lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Make the syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the pumpkin purée, honey, and water. Bring to a slow boil, whisking occasionally to remove any clumps. Once the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat and cool.
- Smash the mint. In a cocktail shaker, smash the mint leaves with a little crushed ice using a muddler.
- Build the cocktail. Add the whiskey, splash of lemon juice, and ice cubes to the cocktail shaker. Cover and shake for 10 to 15 seconds and double strain over a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with fresh grated nutmeg and fresh mint, enjoy!
- To batch the cocktails, add mint to the pumpkin syrup once it comes to a boil and let it steep while it cools.
- For easy batching, use equal parts of pumpkin syrup and whiskey instead of measuring out ounces.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whiskey smash, fall cocktails, pumpkin drinks, pumpkin cocktails, thanksgiving drinks