Roasted rainbow carrots get a touch of sweet and subtle spice with raw honey and fresh ginger for a super easy, 3 ingredient, colorful side dish.
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots
- 1/4 cup honey + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel carrots, cut larger carrots in halves or quarters. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup honey and grated ginger.
- Arrange carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If cooking directly on the sheet tray, spray it lightly with cooking spray or a brush of oil. Pour the honey-ginger glaze over carrots, mixing thoroughly so all pieces are coated.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. If after 30 minutes the carrots need more roasting, cover with foil and roast for 10 more minutes. Brush the finished carrots with remaining 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Optional: Sprinkle with slivered almonds after plating.
- Using a baking sheet with an edge is recommended as the carrots will release water and honey mixture will loosen.
- Baking time may vary depending on the size of the carrots.
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: honey roasted carrots, rainbow carrots, roasted carrots, three ingredient side dish