The refreshing taste of summer in one glass! Homemade blueberry lemonade is super easy to make and great for fresh, frozen, or those less than perfect blueberries!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice, 4 to 5 lemons
- 3 to 4 cups cold water
- Make the blueberry syrup. In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and 1 cup water over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain the syrup. Strain the blueberries from the blueberry syrup. This step can be optional, but the skins sometimes separate from the berries. Adding fresh or frozen blueberries to the finished lemonade is highly recommended as an alternative.
- Make the lemonade. Juice the lemons, straining any seeds that come through. In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, blueberry syrup, and cold water. Chill and serve or add fresh or frozen blueberries and serve immediately over ice.
- Fresh lemon juice is the best option, but you can substitute bottled if needed.
- Keep your lemonade extra cold by freezing blueberries and lemon slices for garnish.
- This blueberry lemonade makes a great non-alcoholic beverage but can also be used as a mixer for alcohol. Vodka, gin, or sparkling wine make for a great cocktail!
- Category: non-alcoholic
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade lemonade, flavored lemonade, blueberry lemonade