Slightly sweet with floral notes, this Hibiscus Bourbon Cocktail is a bright and summery drink with warm vanilla bourbon undertones.
Hibiscus Bourbon Cocktail
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon whiskey
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce orgeat (almond syrup)
- 1 ounce hibiscus simple syrup
Batched Hibiscus Bourbon Cocktail – Makes 4 Cocktails
- ¾ cup bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 2 T orgeat (almond syrup)
- 1/3 cup hibiscus simple syrup
Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus powder
- In a medium size container – a bowl or mason jar – combine hot water, sugar and hibiscus powder. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients. Add ice and shake vigorously for a full 10 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass with crushed ice.
When making the batch cocktail, use a large mason jar with a lid to shake or stir very well with a whisk in the serving container. Because the almond syrup is thick and the ice is cold, you want to make sure it gets distributed evenly.
For the my sweet sensitive folks: if sweet cocktails aren’t really up your alley, try adding an additional ½ cup water to the hibiscus simple syrup.