Naturally flavorful vegetables shine in this grilled vegetable platter while spicy yogurt sauce brings the perfect mix of spicy chili oil and cool, non-fat yogurt. Chicken kebabs are the perfect and easy addition for the carnivore in your group.
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 16-ounce container non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut in 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Good Season Italian Seasoning*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 medium or 3 small zucchini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large red onion
- 1 container hummus**
- 1 package of Naan style bread
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer on low for 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Add yogurt to serving dish. Drizzle with chili oil.
- Trim chicken breast in 1 to 2 inch pieces. Add chicken, olive oil, vinegar and seasoning to a mixing bowl or plastic ziplock bag.
- Massage marinade into the chicken and let sit for 15 minutes. Skewer pieces and set aside while vegetables are prepared.
- Grill on medium heat for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Prepare the eggplant:
- Remove both ends of the eggplant and peel the skin. Cut into long, 1/4″ thick slices.
- Line a large cutting board or sheet tray with paper towels or kitchen towels. Brush each piece of eggplant with olive oil (front and back) and sprinkle kosher salt (one side).
- Repeat the towel, oil, salt process to keep eggplant in single layers.
- Trim the pepper stems and remove the seeds. Slice in large pieces that will not fall through the grill grates. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini and slice thick pieces on an angle. Repeat with sweet potato. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Drizzle ingredients in the mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Set aside and prepare remaining vegetables.
- Trim the ends off the red onion and remove the outside layer. Cut down the middle into two large pieces. Skewer each piece through the center and brush with olive oil.
- Cut the ends off the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat until grill reaches 350°F to 400°F.
- Working in batches, grill vegetables on both sides until grill marks appear and vegetables are cooked through. About 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness of the vegetable.
- Remove Naan bread from the package, warm in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds until soft and just warm OR grill on both sides for 10 to 20 seconds per side.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the Naan bread into triangles.
*Your favorite Italian style marinade can be substituted if Good Seasons is not available.
**Your favorite style, brand, or homemade hummus can be used.